4 generations of women

4 generations of women

Monday, February 7, 2011

Lucky Grands

The Greats decided they just couldn't handle Shreveport, or the long drive. Lee, myself and my mother drove to Bob Sandlin Lake where my parents lived for many years to take Pop's ashes. Visited with some old friends while we were there. We took Pop's ashes to the end of the boat dock on their old property, it was the perfect place for him. It is beautiful there and the sun was shining bright!! RIP Larry Gilbert.

I think the Greats really enjoyed having the house to themselves while we were out of town.. First time since we moved we left them unsupervised. I told them " no running naked through the house or sex on the kitchen table". My brother came over both days we were gone and Mama even made him dinner.....microwave dinner put on a china place and canned corn. I really don't think she is missing cooking. She mentioned last week when we were iced in that "if she could ever get to her bread maker, she'd make bread all the time" I got it out and re-arranged the counter tops so she had a place to use it. I got it out Thursday, it's Sunday no bread yet. LOL

The Great, Bob, failed the stress test to get a release for his back surgery. He was supposed to have an angeogramn last Friday. However we were having the most beautiful snowstorm and we have to reschedule it. Taking him to the Thyroid Dr. tomorrow. He told me he was tired of going to Dr's. I told him unless he gets up off his ass and does some exercise his physical condition will just keep getting worse. He agreed to join the city's gym where they have a walking track.

It's all fine and good for me to keep reminding him he needs to exercise, it's easier said than done. I have stopped going to the gym since we moved and gained about 30 lbs. If I am going to be able to take care of everyone here I have to take care of myself!! Started a low carb diet and Mother, Bob and myself joined the city gym. Hoping we can motivate each other and all feel better....plus I gotta loose some weight for our girls cruise the end of March. Of course we joined and the next day the 4 days of unbelievable wet, cold and then snowy days hit Dallas this last Superbowl week and we haven't gotten to go yet.

We all enjoyed the snow, Mama got to have some snow ice cream, but I had the most fun. Growing up in Texas snow was a rarity so snow days have always been special to me. I used to get the kids up in the middle of the night to build snowmen, because most of the time I knew it would be gone by morning. Snow angels, snow ball fights and just everything looking so beautiful and white. Friends picked me up on Friday when we had about 8 inches and took me to do donuts in their 4-wheel drive vehicle....it was a blast. Thank you lord for the snow, sorry so many people had to miss work, but I think everyone enjoyed the extra time home with their families, thanks for that too.

The Grandfather will have a birthday Feb. 15, Mama broke her hip on his birthday last year. Mothers birthday is March 3 and Mama will be 92 on March 12. Everyday with them is a blessing and I love that we all get to live  and grow old together. How did we ever get so lucky? Love you Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment