4 generations of women

4 generations of women

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Big Old Grand Job

I feel overwhelmed !!

Last Valentines day Mama fell and broke her hip.

This valentines day I took the Great Grandfather Bob for a heart cath. We're still trying to get his back surgery done and the Surgeon required him to have it done, had to be at the hospital by 6:00am. While rushing around to get to the hospital by 8:00 when he was scheduled for the actual procedure Mama broke her hip. Bob the Great @ one end of the hospital and Mama coming in by ambulance at the other.

Bob is finally scheduled for his back surgery March 15. Mama had hip replacement surgery February 15, went to rehab Feb 17 and came home today.

I just thought I was busy before, this last month has just been non-stop.

Poor Bob the Great, wife broke her hip the day before his birthday again!! I was determined he wouldn't miss out. His birthday Feb. 15 fell on a Tuesday which is "Pizza Night". After work went to the party store, got balloons and decorations and 80 candles. Tom Thumb for a birthday cake. Went to Pizza Inn to decorate. Home and grabbed everybody. Met friends and celebrated......79 candles on the top of a birthday cake is unreal. Check out the pictures, I'll get them posted eventually.

So we added daily re-hab visits to our list. Mama pretty much blew the staff there away. She had done such a good job building herself up since her hip-replacement last year. She had continued doing her exercises after her physical therapy ended in December. I really believe she's several months ahead of her recovery last time. Our good friend Lisa spent every morning @ rehab with her, entertained and kept her company. Sure grateful for that little angel.We're so proud of Mama!!

Mama had decided not to go on the girls cruise with us the 24th of this month, whew, good decision. We have ended up with 19 gals going. Mom and I sure are ready for a break, though I don't know how much rest we'll get going off with this group!! Luckily my sweet little sister Crystal will come and help Lee hold down the fort for us while we're gone.

My brother Dan continues to help us out with home improvements. He's usually here for dinner, sometimes lunch. He moved home from Vegas last year when we bought the house. While in the midst of his midlife crises we've been fortunate enough to have his help' making our home more comfortable for all the occupants. Really glad he's here, don't know what we would do without him.

We do have really exciting news....our youngest daughter Sarah and her husband Richard are expecting their first child. I have named her Little Debbie, after both her grandmothers. Bet Richard $50.00 it's a girl...I had a dream!! Wonder what her name will really be.

This is a big old grand job we've taken on. I have always handled alot of responsibility, hope I can handle this. I did get back in the gym and so far lost 14 lbs and feeling better. Got mother and Bob going with me about once a week. Mom walked 1/2 mile last time, but Bob is in such poor condition I don't know if we can get him in shape. I worry about him. I can only encourage him so much before I become a bitch (become one? LOL)

10 doctors appointment in March, 1 surgery, physical therapy 2-3 times per week for Mama, manage the club and a 4 day vacation. Lordy, lordy I'm gonna blink and it will be April.

Good night 'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment